Check out how you can get your hp printer offline to fix Windows 10. If you have tried printing something in Windows 10, and your printer is showing “Offline” error? Well this is a hp printer offline windows 10 error, as to print any document your printer needs to be online. Sometimes this error can be resolved by just turning on your printer and waiting a few minutes for the status to get back from offline to online. But in some cases, it’s not just that easy.
HP printer offline fix windows 10
Sometimes, the hp printer is offline in Windows 10 even though your printer is on and connected to your computer or to the network. There are many reasons why your hp printer offline Windows 10 and why Windows may not detect that the printer is online. This hp printer offline windows 10 can irritate any user in case there is a hurry to print any important document. For resolving the HP printer offline in Windows 10 error and to get your HP Printer Offline Fix Windows 10, we have mentioned some easy steps. Check out!
Step 1. Reinstall your printer drivers
1. First of all you need to open the “Control Panel”.
2. Jump on “Devices & Printers”.
3. Choose your printer and click on “Remove device”.
4. If a confirmation dialogue appears on the screen, click on “Yes”.
5. Download and install the latest Printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.
Note: You can always use “DriverFix” for updating/ fixing the drivers automatically in case you do not know how to update/fix them manually.
1. You just have to first download DriverFix and then install it.
2. DriverFix will automatically start scanning your PC for outdated drivers.
3. Wait for a few minutes until the scanning process is completed.
4. Once the scan is completed, a report will show all problem drivers found on your PC.
5. Then you need to have a look at the report to see whether you have to update each driver individually or all at once.
2. Check whether you’re using a VPN connection or not:
- HP printer offline windows 10 can also appear in case you’re using a VPN connection. To get your hp printer offline, fix windows 10, it’s advisable for you to stop using the VPN connection and start your printer again.
- Just in case there is a need for you to use a VPN connection and your printer, what you need to do is just make sure you connect the printer directly to your PC with the USB cable.
- You can also get your hp printer offline by just adjusting your VPN connection configuration and connecting to a local network instead.
- If still your hp printer is offline in windows 10, you can switch to any other VPN solution. Otherwise get a Private Internet Access that will secure your data and doesn’t interfere with your printer.
3. Change the printer settings:
1. First of all you need to open the “Control Panel” to navigate to your Printers window.
2. Set the correct printer to Default.
3. Select the print queue by right clicking on your default printer.
4. If there are any unfinished print jobs, remove them.
5. Select Printer and uncheck the Use Printer Offline option.
6. Unplug the USB cable and plug it in again to make sure the printer is properly connected to your PC.
7. Do a connection test if you own a network printer.
8. Turn off your PC and printer and then turn them on again.
9. If the printer still shows the hp printer offline windows 10 error, you need to reinstall the printer‘s drivers.
Note: In case you own a wireless printer, try to connect to its IP address. Visit the Control Panel to find the IP address, then choose “Devices and Printers” and then select “properties”.
Note down the address somewhere as you might need it in the future.
Step 4. Restart the Print Spooler service:
1. To restart the print spooler service you need to first press the “Windows Key + R”, type “services.msc”, and then you need to click on “OK”.
2. Locate the Print Spooler service.
3. Click on “Restart”.
Note: Always remember that you’ll have to repeat this step again and again if the issue reappears since this is not a permanent solution.
Step 5. Change the printer properties:
1. To change the printer properties, First of all you need to open the “Control Panel”.
2. Select “Devices and Printers”.
3. Choose “Printer properties”.
4. Select your printer’s IP address on the ports tab.
5. Click on the “Configure Port” option.
6. Then you need to “Uncheck” the SNMP Status Enabled.
7. Click on “OK”.
Note: This solution is only for the network printer users.
Step 6. Install the latest updates:
1. To install the latest updates, you need to first press the “Windows Key + I”. The settings will get open
2. Now go to the “Update & security” section.
3. Click on the “Check for updates” option.
Step 7. Add a second printer device
If still your hp printer offline in windows 10, follow the below steps to get your hp printer offline fix windows 10.
1. First of all you need to click on the “Add Port” option from the ports tab.
2. From the drop down menu click on the “Standard TCP/IP Port”.
3. Click on the “New Port” option.
4. Once the “Printer Port Wizard” begins its processing you need to click on “Next”.
5. Then you need to fill the required information
6. Then click on “Next”.
Hopefully this guide regarding hp printer offline fix windows 10, helped you to resolve the hp printer offline windows 10 error. In case after trying all of the above mentioned steps still your hp printer offline in windows 10, then your printer might have a hardware-related problem and you need to consult a technician.